What is a Resignation Letter (Shorter Version)?
A Resignation Letter (Shorter Version) is a short letter formally informing an employer that an employee is leaving employment with the company.
How to create a Resignation Letter (Shorter Version)
Easy to Use Legal Templates
Quickly and easily create any legal agreement for you or your team.
Straightforward pricing plans and bespoke packages built to simplify all your legal demands.
Vast Document Library
Zegal’s comprehensive collection of agreements means you always have what you need at your fingertips.
If you feel like you’re in need of a resignation letter, you may be asking yourself certain questions. Whether you’ve had it with your boss, you’re burnt out, or you just need to move on for personal reasons, resigning from your job can be a cathartic or stressful experience. There are a ton of examples of good resignation letters. But always remember the following:
- Be formal and polite about your departure
- Don’t use this as an opportunity to criticize your employer, your boss, or your co-workers
- Keep it simple and fact-based
- Most of all, don’t complain
Key Points to Include in a Resignation Letter
- State your intent to resign. Importantly, make sure you have everything lined up before you submit this letter.
- Provide a last day of employment. Essentially, allow adequate time for a transition and to allow your employer to train a replacement. Notably, this allows both parties to deal with this transition amicably and with respect
- Reason for resignation (optional). Feel free to provide reasons for your resignation. Typically, these may include a move to a different location; a better opportunity; or for private personal reasons.
- Contact information (optional). Usually, tying up loose ends will make a better long-term impression on employers. Subsequently, offering your contact information can help ease the transition.
Summing up on the Resignation Letter
Essentially, a formal resignation letter is a key first step to your departure from your current company. However, you’ll also need to work out how this message is communicated to the rest of your team and the company. Importantly, work with your manager and your human resource representative to coordinate that for a smooth transition.
How do I write a short notice letter of resignation?
At times, if you are not able to provide a standard advance letter of resignation, you can write a short notice letter of resignation. Firstly, let your managers know of it in advance. To write one, make sure that you thank them for the opportunities. Next draft a letter in a professional format. Whatever your reasons for leaving are, express your gratitude well. Also make sure you include the following in your letter: your position until the day of your resignation, date of departure, and contact details.
You Might Also Like
Along with this document, make sure you see these other templates in our library:
- Shareholder Agreement
- Option Agreement
- Employee Option Repurchase Agreement
- Share Appreciation Rights Plan
- Share Option Plan
The Zegal Template Library
Zegal's template library is a list of essential and premium business templates for your everyday legal needs.
Save money and time without sacrificing quality or missing vital legal requirements. Whether you're a startup or a larger enterprise, Zegal lets anyone create a legal agreement.
Let us take care of the legals so you can focus on running your business.
If you need more help, our "Talk to a Lawyer" feature gives you access to a qualified lawyer to get all the expert advice you need.
Try it for free today!
Choose from 1000+ legal templates and draft contracts with ease and confidence.
Contract and document management made easy.