Easy to Use Legal Templates
Quickly and easily create any legal agreement for you or your team.
Straightforward pricing plans and bespoke packages built to simplify all your legal demands.
Vast Document Library
Zegal’s comprehensive collection of agreements means you always have what you need at your fingertips.
How to create a Resignation Letter
What is a Resignation Letter Template?
A A Sales Agreement defines the responsibilities of the buyer and the seller and establishes the terms on which a seller sells and transfers goods to a buyer. is used by an employee informing their employer of their intention to resign from their position of employment.Create Now
Why choose Zegal?
With Zegal, you can reduce legal risks and improve the efficiency of your contract workflow, allowing you to focus on your core business operations.
Our platform is flexible, scalable, and tailored to the needs of your business.
If you feel like you’re in need of a resignation letter, you may be asking yourself certain questions. Whether you’ve had it with your boss, you’re burnt out, or you just need to move on for personal reasons, resigning from your job can be a cathartic or stressful experience. There are a ton of examples of good resignation letters. But always remember the following:
- Be formal and polite about your departure
- Don’t use this as an opportunity to criticize your employer, your boss, or your co-workers
- Keep it simple and fact-based
- Most of all, don’t complain
Key Points to Include in a Resignation Letter
- State your intent to resign. Importantly, make sure you have everything lined up before you submit this letter.
- Provide a last day of employment. Essentially, allow adequate time for a transition and to allow your employer to train a replacement. Notably, this allows both parties to deal with this transition amicably and with respect
- Reason for resignation (optional). Feel free to provide reasons for your resignation. Typically, these may include a move to a different location; a better opportunity; or for private personal reasons.
- Contact information (optional). Usually, tying up loose ends will make a better long-term impression on employers. Subsequently, offering your contact information can help ease the transition.
Summing up on the Resignation Letter
Essentially, a formal resignation letter is a key first step to your departure from your current company. However, you’ll also need to work out how this message is communicated to the rest of your team and the company. Importantly, work with your manager and your human resource representative to coordinate that for a smooth transition.
When to give the letter to your employer
It is a good courtesy to send in the letter well in advance of your departure. Additionally, check your contract and see the minimum handover requirement. In most cases it is usually 2 weeks in advance.
If you are planning on letting your boss know in person, have a printed copy ready with you to put on record.
You Might Also Like
Along with this document, make sure you see these other templates in our library:
- Shareholder Agreement
- Resignation Letter (Detailed)
- Employee Option Repurchase Agreement
- Share Appreciation Rights Plan
- Share Option Plan
The Zegal template library
Zegal's legal template library is a list of essential business documents for your everyday needs.
Using Zegal will reduce risk, save money, and improve efficiency. Let us take care of the paperwork so you can focus on running your business.
Choose from 1000+ legal templates and draft contracts with ease and confidence.
Contract and document management made easy.