Digital Marketing Trends: What College Students Need to Know for Career Success
By Guest Post, Updated: 2023-11-22 (published on 2023-10-09)
Success in digital marketing is easy if you understand the tricks involved. Modern society is privileged to have internet access and high-tech gadgets. Marketing careers are booming due to an interconnected world. If you are planning for success, you must start while in college. Understand new trends in higher education marketing and learn them. You also need to shift your perspective and test everything that you do. Understanding the following digital marketing trends can help you succeed.
Image by Freepik
Unlocking Digital Marketing Success Through Essays
Social media and ecommerce marketing jobs have been trending for a while. However, new trends are emerging due to changing buyer behavior and technologies. As a student, you might have noticed digital marketing in higher education is changing.
They are using different approaches and technologies. If you want to succeed in this career, understand these new job trends. Most universities are currently offering short courses to help you prepare for these new jobs in digital marketing. The right use of words is important in digital marketing. It can influence an audience and lead to new sales trends. A student needs to study how marketers use words to influence customers. Reading a rhetorical essay example can help you understand how words are used to persuade customers or inform them. Rhetorical essays are common in college. They help a student explore the goals of a writer and their writing techniques.
- Conversion rate managers. Brands need people to help them optimize conversion rates. These workers use data to understand lead behavior in the pipeline. They analyze the potential barriers and devise new ways to overcome them.
- Brand storytellers. Brand stories can help companies stand out in the competition. They need people who can tell attractive and engaging stories about the brand. They tell the stories through different types of content.
- SEO specialists. Companies need workers who can optimize content through different SEO strategies.
- UX and growth managers. In modern digital marketing, user experience plays an important role. Brands use different types of applications, APIs, plugins, and platforms. They must offer user-centric experiences to help win more conversions. This has created a new job trend where brands need growth and UX managers.
New trends in digital marketing strategies
The dynamism in digital marketing is becoming more complex. At the same time, the number of startups is growing daily. This is pushing brands to change their customer outreach strategies. Trends in higher education marketing are changing too due to competition in the education sector. You need to know these new trends and prepare for success after college.
The use of interactive content. Brands are embracing interactive content to boost engagement. A report by Mediafly shows interactive content can boost engagement by 52.6%. Due to this, brands are focusing more on content such as:
- Product polls
- User quizzes
- Interactive webinars to boost feedback and awareness
- Interactive infographics for increased awareness and engagement
- The use of influencer marketing: Influencers have continued to be a popular trend for many years. In 2023, it will still be a hot trend and a wise course of action. In today’s colleges, students can sign up for a variety of influencer marketing courses. College graduates who have this talent will advance more quickly in employment in digital marketing and might get a chance to work with top influencer agencies like Tiddle.io.
- Video marketing and personalization. According to numerous studies, personalization can boost conversion rates by 80%. According to an Epsilon study, personalization will be a major trend in 2023 and beyond. Cisco report shows video marketing makes up 82% of all digital marketing traffic. College students need to understand how to leverage both personalization and video marketing to succeed in this field.
- Social media and email marketing. These two trends have remained preferred digital marketing strategies for more than a decade. Pew Research shows these strategies will keep trending for many years to come. Their key advantage is that they have high conversion and distribution rates.
New trends in marketing skills and technologies
To succeed in digital marketing, a student needs to understand what the field is all about. Marketers need to communicate with target audiences to understand their needs. They must deliver content or products that meet those needs. For success, a student needs to gain relevant skills while in college. They also need to understand the skills and technologies that will work best.
The latest skills required for success in digital marketing include the following.
- Social media marketing skills
- Soft skills. Creativity, problem-solving, flawless communication
- SEO education and skills
- Content marketing for developing and using new content
- Video marketing and distributing them across different platforms to win customers.
- Data analytics skills for developing a data-driven marketing environment
- UI/UX development skills to help with new product designs
There are many modern marketing tools that help marketers achieve their goals.
- Augmented reality (AR) powered by AI
- Blockchain technology and marketing automation
- Voice search optimization and data generation and analytics for better data observability
- Chatbots and mobile Marketing
The world of digital marketing is expanding rapidly. For a brand to remain relevant, it must offer worthwhile customer experiences. College students who are aware of current trends can be successful in this sector. They must enroll in classes that provide information on the most recent developments.