SENIOR BACK END ENGINEER
(Hong Kong or Nepal Office)
- Provide day-to-day leadership and hands-on work in detailed design, development, documentation, and unit testing of components of the Zegal service
- Work with other team members to integrate software into working releases for test and eventual production deployment.
- Ongoing maintenance of components throughout the software lifecycle.
- Direction and mentoring of junior members of the team assigned to assist in development of relevant components.
- Work with the Project Manager and Chief Technology Officer to plan the work programme for individual releases.
- Support DevOps staff in building and deployment of components to various environments, as well as supporting operations in testing and production as needed from time to time.
- Experience with NodeJS and key frameworks such as RESTify and Express.
- Experience with Go, and key frameworks and libraries such as Beego and Gorilla
- Knowledge of SQL (MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (Mongo) databases
- Familiarity with packaging, deployment, and operational issues with container technologies, especially Docker.
- Exposure to other development and runtime environments, especially Ruby, Python, and JVM.
- Experience with version control and continuous integration tools and development of build process pipelines.
- Working knowledge of UNIX programming, including shell, POSIX APIs, sockets, and process control, including use of relevant APIs to script operations.
- 4+ years of programming experience.
- Experience as a team lead.
- English a must
- University degree or equivalent professional apprenticeship
Companies that are connected to knowledge, their advisors, and use workflows to run their organisation are smarter and more profitable. Our mission is to make this the new normal for millions of businesses across the globe.
Founded in 2013, Zegal is the fastest growing LegalTech company operating across Asia Pacific and Europe. Today, business users and lawyers across the globe trust Zegal’s software to solve legal problems in an affordable and efficient way.
Zegal is led by a talented team of 60 employees and has offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Nepal, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK.
Zegal has been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, and Huffington Post, and was recently recognised in the South China Morning Post as an emerging LegalTech company in the artificial intelligence space.