VICE PRESIDENT, ENGINEERING (Hong Kong)
We are looking for a Vice President, Engineering to be based in our Hong Kong Office. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced hands-on technologist and manager to lead a team developing a truly innovative and high potential technology service.
- Provided day-to-day direction, planning, and management of work for distributed team of 20+ professionals in various implementation and quality assurance roles.
- Work with Chief Technology Officer to set standards and best practices for documentation, detailed design, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance for a production code base that continues to evolve rapidly to meet the demands of a growing business
- Implement and maintain technical architecture to meet evolving needs of customers and the business
- Ensure velocity of work streams for multiple products
- Work with Project Managers and Professional Services consultants to ensure high quality delivery of custom integration requests
- Manage team members in DevOps roles to ensure seamless provision of software using continuous integration and continuous delivery best practices
- Provide mentoring and support career development of professionals on the team
- Agile Management Cloud Platforms (AWS a must, Azure a plus)
- API Development and Management (REST, SOAP, gRPC, GraphQL)
- Database Management (SQL, MongoDB, other NoSQL)
- System Monitoring (Prometheus, Grafana)
- Streaming and Messaging Architectures (Kafka, Spark, AMQP, JMS)
- Containers and Orchestration (Docker, k8s)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines UNIX programming, including shell, POSIX APIs, sockets, and process control, including use of relevant APIs to script operations
- 8-10 years of hands-on leadership roles on software delivery teams
- At least 4 years of team lead or project manager experience, ideally both
- Experience developing substantial production software systems
- Comfort and demonstrable delivery experience in polyglot programming settings
- Experience with distributed teams as both a contributor and a leader
- English a must
- Cantonese and/or Putonghua a plus
- University degree
Compensation will be very competitive with market, including base salary, and benefits (e.g., stock options, additional leave, and training in our Hong Kong office)
Companies that are connected to knowledge, their advisors, and use workflows to run their organisation are smarter and more profitable. Our mission is to make this the new normal for millions of businesses across the globe.
Founded in 2013, Zegal is the fastest growing LegalTech company operating across Asia Pacific and Europe. Today, business users and lawyers across the globe trust Zegal’s software to solve legal problems in an affordable and efficient way.
Zegal is led by a talented team of 60 employees and has offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Nepal, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK.
Zegal has been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, and Huffington Post, and was recently recognised in the South China Morning Post as an emerging LegalTech company in the artificial intelligence space.