Easy to Use Legal Templates
Quickly and easily create any legal agreement for you or your team.
Straightforward pricing plans and bespoke packages built to simplify all your legal demands.
Vast Document Library
Zegal’s comprehensive collection of agreements means you always have what you need at your fingertips.
How to create a Hong Kong Employment Contract template
Why choose Zegal?
With Zegal, you can reduce legal risks and improve the efficiency of your contract workflow, allowing you to focus on your core business operations.
Our platform is flexible, scalable, and tailored to the needs of your business.
What is a Hong Kong Employment Contract?
An Employment Contract is a contract by which a company hires an employee.
This free version of the Employment Contract makes the following assumptions:
- The employment is for a continuous contract;
- The contract is for a full-time position;
- The employee is between 18 and 65 years old;
- There is no requirement for the candidate to hold a specific licence for the position of employment;
- The first 1 month of employment will be a probation period;
- The wage rate will be calculated per month;
- There will be no annual review of salary;
- The frequency of wage payment (“salary period”) is one month;
- Payment of wages will occur on or around the end of each month (i.e. no specific date of payment);
- The employee will receive rest day pay, which is included in the calculation of their wages;
- The employer agrees to reimburse expenses incurred by the employee when they are doing their job;
- The employee is not required to work when typhoon signal no. 8 or above is hoisted or when the black rainstorm warning is in force, but is required to resume duty if typhoon signal or rainstorm warning is cancelled not less than 2 hours before the close of working hours;
- The Leave year is defined as the first day of January to the last day of December;
- There will be no incremental annual leave;
- The employee will be entitled to the following statutory benefits: (1) holiday pay for statutory holidays; (2) sickness allowance; (3) parental benefits;
- There will be no restrictions during employment on the employee having financial interests in any other business or trade; and
- There will be no post-termination restrictions on the employee after he leaves employment.
Upgrade to a paid plan to get the following features in the employment contract:
- Option to require the employee to hold a certain licence in order to qualify for the position of employment;
- Option to include or exclude a probation period, and vary its length;
- Option to include or exclude an end-of-year payment;
- Option to specify an additional type of remuneration other than basic salary, commission and allowances;
- Option to include or exclude medical insurance;
- Option to include or exclude reimbursement of expenses;
- Options for working arrangements and typhoon allowance/travel reimbursement when typhoon signal no. 8 or above is hoisted or when black rainstorm warning is in force;
- Options for defining the Leave Year for the purpose of calculating leave entitlements;
- Option to require employee to irretrievably delete any company information they may have stored on their devices;
- Option to include provisions about garden leave, restrictions during employment, and post-termination restrictions;
- Option to specify particular types of confidential information in addition to a general definition of confidential information in the definitions section; and
- Option to require employee to obtain your written consent before removing any property containing Confidential Information from office premises.
Choose from 1000+ legal templates and draft contracts with ease and confidence.
Contract and document management made easy.