Easy to Use Legal Templates
Quickly and easily create any legal agreement for you or your team.
Straightforward pricing plans and bespoke packages built to simplify all your legal demands.
Vast Document Library
Zegal’s comprehensive collection of agreements means you always have what you need at your fingertips.
How to create an Authorisation Letter template
What is an Authorisation Letter Template?
An “Authorization Letter” is a legal document that grants someone else the authority to act on behalf of the writer or the organization they represent. It allows the authorized individual, known as the agent or representative, to undertake specific actions or make decisions on behalf of the writer.Create Now
Why choose Zegal?
With Zegal, you can reduce legal risks and improve the efficiency of your contract workflow, allowing you to focus on your core business operations.
Our platform is flexible, scalable, and tailored to the needs of your business.
What is an Authorisation Letter?
An “Authorization Letter” is a legal document that grants someone else the authority to act on behalf of the writer or the organization they represent. It allows the authorized individual, known as the agent or representative, to undertake specific actions or make decisions on behalf of the writer.
What is the purpose of an Authorisation Letter?
The purpose of an Authorization Letter is to provide official permission and empower the agent to perform certain tasks, enter into agreements, access information, or conduct transactions that the writer may not be able to do personally. It serves as a formal way to delegate authority and ensure that the agent’s actions are recognized and accepted by third parties.
When should you use an Authorisation Letter?
This document can be used in various situations, such as:
- Business: Authorizing an employee to sign contracts, make financial transactions, or represent the company in meetings or negotiations.
- Legal Matters: Granting an attorney or legal representative the authority to act on behalf of the writer in legal proceedings.
- Personal Affairs: Allowing a trusted person to handle personal matters, such as collecting documents, accessing bank accounts, or managing property.
- Travel: Empowering someone to act as a representative during the writer’s absence, such as obtaining visas, handling travel arrangements, or signing documents on their behalf.
To ensure that the authorization is recognized and legally binding, it is important to use a well-drafted and comprehensive Power of Attorney document. This contract provides a legally sound framework for granting authority and outlining the specific powers and limitations of the authorized individual.
What are the components of an Authorisation Letter?
The components of an Authorization Letter typically include:
- Writer’s Information: Name, address, contact details, and any relevant identification or reference numbers.
- Recipient’s Information: Name, address, and contact details of the authorized individual or organization.
- Date: The date when the letter is written.
- Subject: Clear indication of the authorization, such as “Authorization to Act on My Behalf” or similar.
- Authorization Statement: A statement clearly stating that the writer authorizes the recipient to act on their behalf, specifying the scope and limitations of the authorization.
- Duration: If the authorization has a specific timeframe, it should be mentioned.
- Tasks and Actions: Detailed description of the specific tasks or actions the agent is authorized to undertake.
- Termination: Conditions for terminating or revoking the authorization, if applicable.
- Signature: The writer’s signature, along with their printed name and any additional identification or witness signatures if required.
Who can be members of an Authorisation Letter?
The members involved in the Authorization Letter are the writer or grantor, who provides the authority, and the authorized individual or organization, who is empowered to act on behalf of the writer. The letter may also require the involvement of witnesses or notaries, depending on the specific legal requirements and circumstances.
The Zegal template library
Zegal's legal template library is a list of essential business documents for your everyday needs.
Using Zegal will reduce risk, save money, and improve efficiency. Let us take care of the paperwork so you can focus on running your business.
Choose from 1000+ legal templates and draft contracts with ease and confidence.
Contract and document management made easy.