What is a Convertible Note Certificate ?
A Convertible Note Certificate is a certificate that evidences the investor’s title to the convertible note.
A company issues a Convertible Note Certificate after due payment of investment amount by an investor.
Key points included
- Certificate number;
- Aggregate principal amount (i.e. the maximum amount of notes that can be issued under the Convertible Note Instrument or Convertible Note Subscription Agreement);
- Principal amount (i.e. the amount of investment by the investor);
- Interest rate;
- Date on which the Convertible Note Instrument or Convertible Note Subscription Agreement was created;
- Identity (name and address) of the holder; and
- Date of issue of the certificate.