Overview of a Resignation Letter (Better Opportunity)
If you feel like you’re in need of a resignation letter because you’ve had a better opportunity, this is the right document for you. There are plenty of examples of good resignation letters. But always remember the following:
- Be formal and polite about your departure
- Don’t use this as an opportunity to criticize your employer, your boss, or your co-workers
- Keep it simple and fact-based
- Most of all, don’t complain
Key Points to Include in a Resignation Letter for Better Opportunity
- State your intent to resign. Importantly, make sure you have everything lined up before you submit this letter.
- Provide a last day of employment. Essentially, allow adequate time for a transition and to allow your employer to train a replacement. Notably, this allows both parties to deal with this transition amicably and with respect
- Reason for resignation (optional). Feel free to provide reasons for your resignation. Typically, these may include a move to a different location; a better opportunity; or for private personal reasons.
- Contact information (optional). Usually, tying up loose ends will make a better long-term impression on employers. Subsequently, offering your contact information can help ease the transition.
Summing up on the Resignation Letter
Essentially, a formal resignation letter is a key first step to your departure from your current company. However, you’ll also need to work out how this message is communicated to the rest of your team and the company. Importantly, work with your manager and your human resource representative to coordinate that for a smooth transition.
You Might Also Like
Along with this document, make sure you see these other templates in our library:
- Shareholder Agreement
- Option Agreement
- Employee Option Repurchase Agreement
- Share Appreciation Rights Plan
- Share Option Plan
The Zegal Template Library
Zegal's template library represents a complete and curated list of essential and premium business templates that can be used directly, for everyday business needs. Importantly, whether you're a startup or a larger enterprise, you will find that our Zegal automation solution allows anyone to create a legal agreement, any time, anywhere. All without a need for an expensive lawyer. Why do we do this? Well, we think that running your business day-to-day is important, and having these templates at your fingertips allows you to not miss a beat!
Lawyers draft and curate all of our legal templates for ease of understanding using plain English. Just fill out our guided questionnaires, and we will create the contract for you. Using our patent-pending expert rules engine, we automate the creation of complex legal contracts.
Try it for free today!