Do you know what you need to protect your online business? Discover the key documents you will need to implement prudent legal protections and build a successful online enterprise.
A Nugget of Historical Context
Choose the right form of business
- Learn the various business structures and how to make the right choice.
- When starting a new business, one of the first decisions to make is the type of business organisation that will be used in operating the business.
Shareholders’ agreement: necessity, not luxury
- Starting a business with close friends or family members may seem to negate the need for formal arrangements.
- A Shareholders’ Agreement (or a Partnership Agreement in the case of a business organisation set up as a partnership) is a legal contract between all the shareholders.
Protect your intellectual property
- Protect your brand name
- Don’t discuss your idea carelessly
- Be sure you own your intellectual property
- Arrangements with third parties
The New Hire:obligations and liabilities
- Unfortunately, many startups or small businesses overlook these and unnecessarily expose themselves to potential liabilities and penalties. These liabilities may even affect the valuation of the company in a sale or financing transaction.
Other agreements you may need in the course of your business
- Documents play an essential role in protecting the interests of the business and the business owners over the course of a company’s lifetime.