Early Stage Funding
Learning everything you need to know about early stage funding. What sort of funding is best for you? Bootstrapping? Debt? Equity? Discover the pros and cons of each method.
A Guide to Startup Funding
Introduction: Personal Financing, Debt Financing, and Equity Financing
Learn the various business structures and how to make the right choice.
- When starting a new business, one of the first decisions to make is the type of business organisation that will be used in operating the business.
Shareholders’ agreement: necessity, not luxury
- Starting a business with close friends or family members may seem to negate the need for formal arrangements.
- A Shareholders’ Agreement (or a Partnership Agreement in the case of a business organisation set up as a partnership) is a legal contract between all the shareholders.
Protect your intellectual property
- Protect your brand name
- Don’t discuss your idea carelessly
- Be sure you own your intellectual property
- Arrangements with third parties
The New Hire:obligations and liabilities
- Unfortunately, many startups or small businesses overlook these and unnecessarily expose themselves to potential liabilities and penalties.
- These liabilities may even affect the valuation of the company in a sale or financing transaction.
Other agreements you may need in the course of your business
- Documents play an essential role in protecting the interests of the business and the business owners over the course of a company’s lifetime.