Self review or lawyer review, sign & store.
1. Self Review
- Read your will carefully.
- Do not proceed unless you understand and agree with everything in it.
- If you make any changes, re-print the final version.
- If you have purchased the lawyer review feature, a lawyer will review your documents, revert the document to building stage if changes are required.
- Find two witnesses and a notary.
- A witness can be any competent adult not receiving property under your will.
- A notary can be found at a bank or UPS store.
- With you, your witnesses, and the notary together at the same time.
- Sign and date the signature sections titled with your name.
- Ask the witnesses to complete the "Witnesses" sections.
- Ask the notary to complete the "Notary Public" section, and follow his or her instructions to finalize the document.
- Keep your will in a safe place that can be accessed by your personal representative or executor in an emergency.
- Tell your personal representative or executor where you have stored the will so they know where to find it.
- Destroy any old wills to avoid confusion.