What is a Employee Handbook ?
An Employee Handbook sets out details of an employment relationship that are not covered in an individual Employment Contract, as well as detailing general employment policies.
An Employee Handbook sets out the mission and values of a company and communicates to an employee what is expected of them and what they can expect from their employer.
An Employee Handbook supplements but does not supersede an Employment Contract.
Key points included
- Company details, including mission statement and history, if required;
- Company policies;
- Harassment and discrimination reporting procedures;
- Leave entitlements;
- Hours of work and overtime policy;
- Medical insurance arrangements; and
- Expense claim arrangements.