What is a Employment Contract (Senior Executive) ?
An Employment Contract (Senior Executive) is a contract by which a company in Singapore hires an employee who is not covered by the Employment Act of Singapore.
The Employment Contract (Senior Executive) sets out detailed provisions on various aspects of employment.
Contrary to an Employment Contract for employees covered by the Employment Act of Singapore, an Employment Contract (Senior Executive) does not contain provisions on overtime pay.
Key points included
- Details of the job;
- Duration of the employment and duration of probation period (if any);
- Details of the remuneration and how often the employee will be paid;
- Entitlement to annual leave;
- Details of the work arrangements;
- Notice required for termination;
- Right to place the employee on garden leave; and
- Whether post-termination restrictions apply and, if so, the duration and geographical limit for such restrictions.