Easy to Use Legal Templates
Quickly and easily create any legal agreement for you or your team.
Straightforward pricing plans and bespoke packages built to simplify all your legal demands.
Vast Document Library
Zegal’s comprehensive collection of agreements means you always have what you need at your fingertips.
What is Zegal?
Watch to see how Zegal can help your business create, negotiate, and sign legal documents and contracts.
What is a Grievance Resolution (or Settlement) Letter Template?
A Grievance Resolution (or Settlement) Letter summarises the detailed terms of a resolution or settlement of a grievance reported by an employee.Create Now
Why choose Zegal?
With Zegal, you can reduce legal risks and improve the efficiency of your contract workflow, allowing you to focus on your core business operations.
Our platform is flexible, scalable, and tailored to the needs of your business.
What is a Grievance Resolution (or Settlement) Letter?
A Grievance Resolution (or Settlement) Letter summarises the detailed terms of a resolution or settlement of a grievance reported by an employee.
A Grievance Resolution (or Settlement) Letter documents the key terms in the resolution or settlement, including the management, the complainant, and the respondents.
A Grievance Resolution (or Settlement) Letter is a key component of the Grievance Procedure. It is not legally required but it is good management practice to make it available to the relevant employees.
What are the steps typically found in a grievance procedure?
- The first step is a formal, written complaint by an employee.
- The employee will most likely be Interviewed and asked for details such as names and dates.
- Once officially filed, a formal investigation will begin.
- Once the investigation runs its course, the investigator writes a conclusion. Note: the conclusion will not always be what the complainant expected.
- A mediator could be called in, especially in cases where unions are involved.
- Dealing with the conclusion. At times there is a formal agreement made during mediation or a formal recommendation by the investigator. This is either accepted by the company and some actions are taken or in certain cases, an employee could lose their job.
- If the verdict is not satisfactory, it can be escalated to a court case.
Key points included
- Business sector;
- Value statement;
- Designated officer for reporting corruption-related issues;
- Policy signatory;
- Policy target audience; and
- Data access and confidentiality obligations.
Choose from 1000+ legal templates and draft contracts with ease and confidence.
Contract and document management made easy.