Easy to Use Legal Templates
Quickly and easily create any legal agreement for you or your team.
Straightforward pricing plans and bespoke packages built to simplify all your legal demands.
Vast Document Library
Zegal’s comprehensive collection of agreements means you always have what you need at your fingertips.
What is Zegal?
Watch to see how Zegal can help your business create, negotiate, and sign legal documents and contracts.
Why choose Zegal?
With Zegal, you can reduce legal risks and improve the efficiency of your contract workflow, allowing you to focus on your core business operations.
Our platform is flexible, scalable, and tailored to the needs of your business.
If you feel like you’re in need of a resignation letter, you may be asking yourself certain questions. Whether you’ve had it with your boss, you’re burnt out, or you just need to move on for personal reasons, resigning from your job can be a cathartic or stressful experience. There are a ton of examples of good resignation letters.
Key Points to Include in a Resignation Letter
- State your intent to resign. Importantly, make sure you have everything lined up before you submit this letter.
- Provide a last day of employment. Essentially, allow adequate time for a transition and allow your employer to train a replacement. Notably, this allows both parties to deal with this transition amicably and with respect. Obviously, this will likely be within a 4 weeks notice period.
- Reason for resignation (optional). Feel free to provide reasons for your resignation. Typically, these may include a move to a different location; a better opportunity; or for private personal reasons.
- Contact information (optional). Usually, tying up loose ends will make a better long-term impression on employers. Subsequently, offering your contact information can help ease the transition.
How do you write a 4-week resignation letter?
You can draft a professional letter of resignation with ease. Remember these tips before you start:
- Use professional language and tone. Make sure that you use a formal and friendly tone.
- Keep your explanations short, and to the point yet make sure it is reasonable.
- Remember to thank your employer for the opportunity and growth during your time.
- Don’t make things personal and give the courtesy of providing enough transition period.
- End your note on a positive note.
The big ‘NO’s while writing a resignation letter
- Informal and impolite notice about your departure.
Resignation is a formal process. No matter what your reasons for leaving are, keep it formal and do not be rude to the addressed personnel or the company.
- Don’t use this as an opportunity to criticize your employer, boss, or co-workers.
While you may no longer engage or work with them on a regular basis, you will still be in the same industry as them. Do not take your departure as an opportunity to criticize them or demeaning to anyone.
- Keep it simple and fact-based.
Do not be tempted to dive into your explanations a lot. Keep them strictly fact-based. Only include what’s relevant and important.
- Most of all, don’t complain.
Do not take up a resignation letter to express dissatisfaction or complaint about what made you unsatisfied. If you have grievances from your time at an organization, you can fill up a grievance form or even talk to HR and discuss them in an exit review/interview.
Essentially, a formal 4-week notice resignation letter is a key first step to your departure from your current company. However, you’ll also need to work out how this message is communicated to the rest of your team and the company. Importantly, work with your manager and your human resource representative to coordinate that for a smooth transition.
You Might Also Like
Along with this document, make sure you see these other templates in our library:
- Shareholder Agreement
- Option Agreement
- Employee Option Repurchase Agreement
- Share Appreciation Rights Plan
- Share Option Plan
Stay compliant with the Zegal template library
Zegal legal template are meticulously crafted with the precision of AI and the expertise of seasoned human lawyers, providing a unique blend of speed and reliability.
You can trust that Zegal agreements are legally sound and fully compliant with current regulations.
Using Zegal will reduce risk, save money, and improve efficiency. Let us take care of the paperwork so you can focus on running your business.
Don’t compromise on speed or compliance. Stay secure, compliant, and efficient with Zegal.
Choose from 1000+ legal templates and draft contracts with ease and confidence.
Contract and document management made easy.