What is a Rejection Letter (Internal Employee)?
A Rejection Letter (Internal Employee) is a rejection letter to an internal employee who applied for another role within the company.
How to create a Rejection Letter (Internal Employee)
Easy to Use Legal Templates
Quickly and easily create any legal agreement for you or your team.
Straightforward pricing plans and bespoke packages built to simplify all your legal demands.
Vast Document Library
Zegal’s comprehensive collection of agreements means you always have what you need at your fingertips.
Essentially, writing a good internal rejection letter is hard. However, providing a clear and concise rejection to a candidate is much more important than just not providing any communications as to the status of the job candidate’s application. Importantly, this level of professionalism and transparency will build a good rapport with the candidate in the future. In addition, it gives you, as a hiring manager, a way to reflect on your own organization’s needs.
How do you reject an internal Candidate?
- To begin with, thank the applicant for applying for the position.
- Next, do not beat around the bush and let the candidate know that you have decided to move on with another person for the position. You could provide some constructive criticism here or let the candidate know why he/she was not chosen for the particular role.
- Let the person know of other openings that might be a good fit for them.
- Dealing with rejection is tough. Try and soften the blow by commending the candidates’ strengths that you believe will help them in the future.
- Lastly, thank them for their time and effort.
Key Points to Include in an Internal Rejection Letter
- Be gracious. Always make sure that you thank the applicant for the time that they’ve taken to apply or even to go through the interview process
- State the news. Typically, this can be simple and straightforward. Importantly, there is no reason to apologize. Essentially, things don’t always work out and it’s no one’s fault.
- State the reason (optional). Generally, you may decide to provide reasons for the rejection. However, this is optional. Although, if you do decide to provide a reason, make sure to use neutral and professional language. Note that most localities have equal opportunity and employment laws. Subsequently, you do not want to run afoul of those laws
- Keep the door open (optional). Oftentimes, it’s not necessarily a qualification issue. Genuinely, it could just be that there is no fit. Additionally, if you’re a big enough company, there may be other areas that will fit better for the candidate.
Conclusion on Internal Rejection Letter
Communicating with job candidates in a professional tone is important for any business setting. Keep formal rejection letters short and simple. But be gracious about the person’s time and effort.
You Might Also Like
Along with this document, make sure you see these other templates in our library:
- Shareholder Agreement
- Option Agreement
- Employee Option Repurchase Agreement
- Share Appreciation Rights Plan
- Share Option Plan
The Zegal Template Library
Zegal's template library is a list of essential and premium business templates for your everyday legal needs.
Save money and time without sacrificing quality or missing vital legal requirements. Whether you're a startup or a larger enterprise, Zegal lets anyone create a legal agreement.
Let us take care of the legals so you can focus on running your business.
If you need more help, our "Talk to a Lawyer" feature gives you access to a qualified lawyer to get all the expert advice you need.
Try it for free today!
Ready to get started?
Create a free account now and explore all of the Zegal features.
No credit card required
Choose from 1000+ legal templates and draft contracts with ease and confidence.
Contract and document management made easy.
Pay As You Go
Nice things people say about Zegal.
"Using Zegal allows us to take a lean and efficient approach that cuts costs while maximising results."
"Zegal is easy to use and customer service is responsive and helpful! I strongly recommend it!!"
"Zegal makes onboarding a new client or employee fast and simple."
“Zegal really works well for all our legal documentation needs, and it is also user-friendly and mobile at the same time.”
Daniel W. Ho
Managing Director & Principal Consultant
“Zegal is like my teammate, helps me draft the right template, quickly gets my work done, and also saves me money on legal needs.”
CEO & Co-Founder
“With colleagues, partners, and clients across the globe, Zegal provides an easy-to-use tool that streamlines processes that saves costs and time.”
CEO of Turnkey
“Zegal has been such a great help in my business operations.”
Amanda A Atan
Managing Director at VIBES Mastery
“With Zegal, we work smarter rather than harder. Being a business professional, a proper document management system is always a must.”
“Zegal, a platform for compact package of legal templates, secured e-signing, reasonable cost and high level customer service.”
“Zegal is easy to use, affordable and the platform is simple to navigate which makes the process of putting together a document fast and fuss-free.”
Founder & Managing Director
“Love the new flow/design, very quick and easy to use now. I have done 2 or 3 customer contracts in a flash over the past 2 days.”
General Manager and Managing Editor
“Consistently positive experiences with Zegal’s technology, and customer services teams, who ensure that our issues or questions are responded to immediately.”
CEO of Turnkey