Easy to Use Legal Templates
Quickly and easily create any legal agreement for you or your team.
Straightforward pricing plans and bespoke packages built to simplify all your legal demands.
Vast Document Library
Zegal’s comprehensive collection of agreements means you always have what you need at your fingertips.
What is Zegal?
Watch to see how Zegal can help your business create, negotiate, and sign legal documents and contracts.
What is a Rejection Letter (Internal Employee) Template?
A Rejection Letter (Internal Employee) is a rejection letter to an internal employee who applied for another role within the company.Create Now
Why choose Zegal?
With Zegal, you can reduce legal risks and improve the efficiency of your contract workflow, allowing you to focus on your core business operations.
Our platform is flexible, scalable, and tailored to the needs of your business.
Essentially, writing a good internal rejection letter is hard. However, providing a clear and concise rejection to a candidate is much more important than just not providing any communications as to the status of the job candidate’s application. Importantly, this level of professionalism and transparency will build a good rapport with the candidate in the future. In addition, it gives you, as a hiring manager, a way to reflect on your own organization’s needs.
How do you reject an internal Candidate?
- To begin with, thank the applicant for applying for the position.
- Next, do not beat around the bush and let the candidate know that you have decided to move on with another person for the position. You could provide some constructive criticism here or let the candidate know why he/she was not chosen for the particular role.
- Let the person know of other openings that might be a good fit for them.
- Dealing with rejection is tough. Try and soften the blow by commending the candidates’ strengths that you believe will help them in the future.
- Lastly, thank them for their time and effort.
Key Points to Include in an Internal Rejection Letter
- Be gracious. Always make sure that you thank the applicant for the time that they’ve taken to apply or even to go through the interview process
- State the news. Typically, this can be simple and straightforward. Importantly, there is no reason to apologize. Essentially, things don’t always work out and it’s no one’s fault.
- State the reason (optional). Generally, you may decide to provide reasons for the rejection. However, this is optional. Although, if you do decide to provide a reason, make sure to use neutral and professional language. Note that most localities have equal opportunity and employment laws. Subsequently, you do not want to run afoul of those laws
- Keep the door open (optional). Oftentimes, it’s not necessarily a qualification issue. Genuinely, it could just be that there is no fit. Additionally, if you’re a big enough company, there may be other areas that will fit better for the candidate.
Conclusion on Internal Rejection Letter
Communicating with job candidates in a professional tone is important for any business setting. Keep formal rejection letters short and simple. But be gracious about the person’s time and effort.
You Might Also Like
Along with this document, make sure you see these other templates in our library:
- Shareholder Agreement
- Option Agreement
- Employee Option Repurchase Agreement
- Share Appreciation Rights Plan
- Share Option Plan
Stay compliant with the Zegal template library
Zegal legal template are meticulously crafted with the precision of AI and the expertise of seasoned human lawyers, providing a unique blend of speed and reliability.
You can trust that Zegal agreements are legally sound and fully compliant with current regulations.
Using Zegal will reduce risk, save money, and improve efficiency. Let us take care of the paperwork so you can focus on running your business.
Don’t compromise on speed or compliance. Stay secure, compliant, and efficient with Zegal.
Choose from 1000+ legal templates and draft contracts with ease and confidence.
Contract and document management made easy.