Easy to Use Legal Templates
Quickly and easily create any legal agreement for you or your team.
Straightforward pricing plans and bespoke packages built to simplify all your legal demands.
Vast Document Library
Zegal’s comprehensive collection of agreements means you always have what you need at your fingertips.
How to create an Anti-harassment and Non-discrimination Policy template
Why choose Zegal?
With Zegal, you can reduce legal risks and improve the efficiency of your contract workflow, allowing you to focus on your core business operations.
Our platform is flexible, scalable, and tailored to the needs of your business.
What is an Anti-harassment and Non-discrimination Policy?
The “Anti-harassment and Non-discrimination Policy” is a written document that outlines an organization’s commitment to maintaining a respectful and inclusive work environment free from harassment and discrimination.
What is the purpose of an Anti-harassment and Non-discrimination Policy?
The purpose of this policy is to establish clear guidelines and expectations regarding acceptable behavior and conduct within the organization. It aims to prevent and address issues related to harassment, discrimination, and any form of inappropriate behavior based on factors such as race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristics.
When should you use an Anti-harassment and Non-discrimination Policy?
This document is used by organizations of all sizes and across various industries to communicate their commitment to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace. It should be shared with all employees, contractors, and stakeholders and should be regularly reviewed and updated as needed.
What are the components of an Anti-harassment and Non-discrimination Policy?
The components of an Anti-harassment and Non-discrimination Policy may include:
- Title: “Anti-harassment and Non-discrimination Policy” or similar.
- Policy Statement: A clear statement expressing the organization’s commitment to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace, free from harassment and discrimination.
- Definitions: Definitions of key terms such as harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and protected characteristics to provide clarity and understanding.
- Scope and Applicability: Explanation of the policy’s coverage, including its applicability to all employees, contractors, visitors, and stakeholders.
- Prohibited Conduct: Detailed list of behaviors that are considered harassment or discrimination, including examples and specific scenarios.
- Reporting Mechanisms: Instructions on how to report incidents of harassment or discrimination, including multiple reporting channels and assurance of confidentiality and non-retaliation.
- Investigation and Response Procedures: Outline of the steps the organization will take to investigate and address reported incidents, including timelines and possible disciplinary actions.
- Training and Awareness: Commitment to providing regular anti-harassment and non-discrimination training to employees and promoting awareness of the policy.
- Consequences: Explanation of the potential consequences for individuals found to have engaged in harassment or discrimination, which may include disciplinary actions, up to and including termination of employment.
- Review and Updates: Statement regarding the regular review and updating of the policy to ensure its effectiveness and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Legal Compliance: Acknowledgment of the organization’s commitment to complying with relevant anti-harassment and non-discrimination laws and regulations.
- Effective Date: The date from which the policy is effective.
- Signatures: Signatures of senior management or authorized representatives to signify their endorsement and support of the policy.
Who can be members of an Anti-harassment and Non-discrimination Policy?
Members of the document include the organization’s leadership, human resources personnel, legal advisors, and any other relevant stakeholders involved in developing and implementing the policy. All employees, contractors, visitors, and stakeholders are bound by the policy and should be provided with a copy for reference and understanding.
The Zegal template library
Zegal's legal template library is a list of essential business documents for your everyday needs.
Using Zegal will reduce risk, save money, and improve efficiency. Let us take care of the paperwork so you can focus on running your business.
Choose from 1000+ legal templates and draft contracts with ease and confidence.
Contract and document management made easy.