Zegal Referral Terms
Benefits: Your referrals may be entitled to Zegal benefits if a Prospective Client you referred to us registers for a Zegal account within the Referral Period.
Commissions: Eligible referrers may be entitled to a commission (the “Referral Fee”) if a Prospective Client you referred to us pays for a Zegal subscription within the Referral Period. If the Prospective Client pays for a monthly subscription on Zegal, you will be entitled to a Referral Fee if the Prospective Client’s account has been active for more than 3 months at the relevant Quarter.
Prospective Client: a sales lead you refer to us that we are not already aware of.
Quarter: each period of three calendar months ending on 31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 31 December.
Referral Fee: the agreed percentage (%) of the price of any Zegal subscription that the Prospective Client pays for in the initial year.
Referral Period: thirty (30) days from the date you first refer the Prospective Client to us.
Alternative Benefits: alternative benefits to be disbursed directly to the Prospective Client may be agreed and may replace the Referral Fee.
What is the difference between referrer and referee?
A referee is a person who is not currently a member of the company. This person has simply been referred through to the scheme by a referrer. A referrer on the other hand is a person who refers eligible friends to become referees and voluntarily participates in the scheme.
- Make a referral
- Visitors to a referral website landing page or using a referral tracking url attribute will be sent a cookie recording the referral partner and considered potential referees. Subsequently completing registration of a Zegal account during the referral period will confirm them as referees.
- You can also refer a Prospective Client to us by sending us the information and contact details of an individual working at the Prospective Client who knows you or anyone in your organisation, and is of sufficient seniority to authorise or recommend the purchase of the subscription from us. The information and contact details of the Prospective Client must be in writing and go directly to email@example.com or any other designated email address we give you from time to time.
- Should two or more referrers refer the same Prospective Client then we will only accept the first referral received in writing, to be determined at our sole discretion. Where a Prospective Client contacts us independently of you, then we have the absolute discretion to decide whether this should be classed as a referral.
- You have no authority, and must not hold yourself out, or permit any person to hold itself out, as being authorised to bind us in any way, and must not do any act which might reasonably create the impression that you are so authorised. You must not make or enter into any contracts or commitments or incur any liability for or on our behalf of us, including for the provision of any products/services or the price for them, and shall not negotiate any terms for the provision of any products/services with Prospective Clients.
- On or around the last business day of every Quarter, we will calculate the total amount of Referral Fees payable to you for that period, and will provide a breakdown of that amount to you in writing. If you are satisfied with the accuracy of the breakdown, you will provide us with an invoice for the total amount of the Referral Fees. We will make reasonable efforts to settle the invoice within 30 days of receipt of the invoice.
- If you are not satisfied with the accuracy of the breakdown this must be communicated to us. We will make reasonable efforts to resolve any discrepancies or inaccuracies, but the final determination shall belong to us.
- Anti-briberyThe Referrer must comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, statutes, regulations, and codes relating to anti-bribery and anti-corruption including but not limited to the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance.
- These terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us.
- Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any partnership, joint venture or agency relationship between us.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.